Friday, April 11, 2008

April snow/ice storms bring...


Nate graduates in 21 days!! Yep, this soon-to-be Winona State University Alumni is about to privilege the real world with his mad education skills...and I could not be more proud of him! For the last 3 years, Nate has gone to school full-time (Winona is about 45 minutes away), worked full time, fulfilled church callings (one of which was early-morning seminary teacher)and has been a full time husband/dad. He is graduating Magna cum laude and was selected to demonstrate the proper interview technique with an area principal on stage in front of the whole graduating class yesterday! I think any school district would be hard-pressed to find a teacher as talented and passionate as Nate is - we'll let you know who is lucky enough to hire him. What a stud!


In other news, Hannah can sit up now! Not to the point where I can leave her alone on a hard surface, but on a bed/in the crib,etc - no problem. At 5 months/1 week, girlie can hold her own for a good 45 seconds...or until she starts concentrating on playing with a toy...EVERYTHING goes directly into her mouth and I'm pretty sure she ate some magazine yesterday while I was doing my hair. She has also developed a "fake cough," which is quite interesting (I have it on video, but am STILL not having much luck posting). She's having SOO much fun practicing her newly-acquired little skill ALL DAY. AGH - when people tell you they grow SO fast, it's true!




I got a new camera yesterday so hopefully the awful coloring you see in the above picture will be a thing of the past. The Fuji served us well....up until the end when 40% of all my pictures were blurry or bad coloring. Anyway, I told the guy at Best Buy that I wanted a SIMPLE camera that I could just put on an automatic setting that took CLEAR pictures. We got a Panosonic Lumix and I'm so excited to start using it. The below pic, of Hannah busting a move watching Americal Idol, was taken with it.





I am thrilled that Beyonce and Jay-Z finally tied the knot. They are one of my favorite star couples because they are so talented, down-to-earth, and private. Let's hope they make it a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment