Monday, August 23, 2010

D-Day come and gone

Well, this is just no good. No good at all. NO. GOOD. I thought my 3rd child was supposed to come early if anything. I know, I know, I'm only 1 day past my due date but here's the deal: I live on the other side of the United States from all family. It's a BIG DEAL for them to come. My in laws were here all last week and even stayed an extra day to try and coax baby girl into appearing, Jenna is here until Saturday, then my mom comes Sept 2. I was so excited to have almost 4 full weeks of help/rescue and I've about gone bananas as each day of potential aid has slipped away. I've walked this neighborhood until every part of my body aches and not even a hint of a contraction.
Yes, I've been up since 4:40 scalding peaches and yes, it is now 6:00 a.m. and my AC just turned on. Help people!

6 comments:

  1. i can so appreciate the situation you're in. it's what i'm so worried about happening with this one too, since our families are cross country too. and to add to it, i'm due at thanksgiving, so it's not exactly cheap or easy to travel at that time. good luck ashley! hope baby comes SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating! Please come little baby and make things easier on your mommma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis, she will come and it will all be wonderful! Hang in there! Love you to pieces! PS...I've had a blast with you (time that we wouldn't have spent with a new little one). It will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweets!
    I'm sending happy thoughts of good hard labor pains your way!!!
    She'll be worth every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what about doc inducing you? Heaven help you! It took much convincing that a baby was actually going to be the result of what was happening to me... the only reassurance my doc gave was "I've never had a patient who didn't deliver the baby"... nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry. I went to 40 weeks 5 days with #2 and then had my c-sec anyway. It's super frustrating, but it does eventually have to end and you end up with the sweetest little reward. Good luck and I hope she's already here as I'm posting this.

    ReplyDelete