Thursday, February 12, 2009

Home


Well, we are home and thrilled to have our new little Ellie with us. My second birth experience was COMPLETELY different than my first. MUCH BETTER! Here's the details of my perfect labor for all those who are interested. Tuesday, Feb 10, 2009.

0400 My water breaks
0730 We arrive at Presbyterian Hospital Matthews (A HUGE thank you to Bryan and Natalie Sammis, who took Hannah). I'm dilated 3 cm.

0930 Loving my Nubain
1100 5 cm and Nubain's wearing off
1130 Epidural IN!
1200 Nurse tells me to roll back onto my back because my contractions have stopped
She decides to check me only to find I'm complete!
1222 Ellie comes on out!

As you can see, she clearly belongs to the Walbruch family. It was so nice to bring her home in 70 degree weather!

7 comments:

  1. Amazing! Congratulations. Beautiful baby and beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap they are totally twins already. Congrats I hope that my next one will be smooth like that. Good luck with the joy of haveing two little ones at home and let us know how it is going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again! Glad to hear that it went perfectly. How early was she then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so your labor seemed simply perfect, I hope mine goes jut as well in April!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had NO idea you were so close to your due date! how thrilling! she is so beautiful Ashley! congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! She is beautiful and we are so excited for you! Have fun with the two little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! I'm glad to hear it went well... Mine second sure didn't happen perfectly like that! You're lucky. She's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete