Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Of One Heart, Emma On The Ice



This picture hangs in my living room. I bought it right after we moved into our first home in Minnesota because it was a beautiful representation to me of strength and sacrifice.

*Fast forward 4 years*

After a rough morning, I had just put Hannah and Ellie down for their afternoon nap and was walking with Jocelyn hoping for the same result. As I passed this picture, I glanced up and caught my reflection. I looked at it differently this time. This time I simply saw a mother, a sleep-deprived, financially-crunched mother with too many irons in the fire, simply trying to navigate her children to warmth and safety. I was touched by the parallels of Emma and myself...and every other mother out there trying to do the same. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who pours out his tender mercies even when I'm not at all seeking them. A shout out to all you incredible moms out there!

5 comments:

  1. Indeed!!!

    You are an amazing mom!

    Love ya sweets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome mom but an amazing person. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Ash! That was awesome. You are a sweet person and your love for the gospel is so visable. The demands of being a Mom of 3 is trying...but thank goodness for a heavenly father who knows and understands us! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are incredible too Ashely! I sure miss you and your families sweet spirit. We had an instant connection, and I was so blessed to be your V.T partner, and you blessed my life in so many ways.. Your daughters are beautiful and wish I could know them throughout there life. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father, and putting you in my path. I pray we will see each other again one day.. Love and miss you! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU are an INCREDIBLE Mommy! Keep up the AMAZING work!

    ReplyDelete