Wednesday, January 25, 2012

MC

Well, this is one for the books people.
Let's take a walk, shall we? Back to...say....November. When Mama's Cough (MC) started. The girls and Nate had all had and fully recovered from a cold/cough. I assumed mine would get better too. But as the weeks went on and  MC was only getting worse (we're talking HARD, 24/7, vomit- inducing coughing), I finally called my OB and begged for something...anything. I had tried EVERY OTC drug I could take. Although I had never "felt sick" (no fever, green stuff, malaise, etc) he gave me some antibiotics. Well, I was convinced MC would finally pack up and leave.
She didn't.
It is now Christmas and I am really getting tired of MC. I take another round of zithromax and put myself on schedule robitussin laced with codeine. I'm telling ya by about Jan 10 MC had surrendered.
Mmmkay, so in addition to the above condition, I'm also 32 weeks along with my 4th little cherub in less than 5 years. NOT COMPLAINING....JUST SAYIN.
Okay, now I'm complaining: Every muscle, tendon, ligament, cell, corpuscle, fiber I possessed "down there" had been convulsed into oblivion. I then started having this....pain that, within 3 days, progressed to pure agony. I.COULD.NOT.MOVE. This was not "pressure." This was not "Braxten Hicks." This was not "bowling ball between the legs." This was .....insane. I had never even close to hurt this bad...even post postpartum!

Quite the predicament for a working woman trying to take care of a house and three littleuns. I had tried cold, heat  (don't ask), and resorted to taking leftover Darvocet from Ellie's birth even though it was recalled for dangerous side affects. Whatevs. Even that did not help the pain...it only make me even more brainless. Sistah here was desperado!! Went to church this way, went to work this way...and had finally caved to the reality that I'd better stop praying for this to go away and start praying for strength to get through it because it was only going to get worse until I delivered this baby.  Oh, and how was I supposed to do that might I ask? It's like telling someone who has just maxed their biceps every single day for 2 months that it is now time to head to the worlds toughest arm wresting tournament...and pin their opponent.

So I go to work last Saturday and I am totally taking it easy, but I notice that I don't feel that bad. Hmm? Bonus? Sunday is even better and by yesterday, the pain was pretty much GONE. Wha?!? So, now I'm thinking it was a really bad baby positioning????? I don't know how or why but I am a new woman and you will not hear a complaining word from these lips for the duration of this pregnancy. Nate, not included.
Nothing short of a miracle.

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey!! I feel ya... I really do. Each pregnancy I have has gotten worse and worse. Truly a sacrifice!! Glad the pain subsided. Tender mercies, you just learn to take what you can get. That said, carry on and take care of your little old self!! 4 babies in 5 years is alot, but that is what we were made to do!! It feels so odd right now for me because I would be pregnant if I had followed the pattern of timing with my other kids. But I haven't and it feels WEIRD! I was so worn out from 3 babies in 4 years, I decided a break was in order!!

    ReplyDelete