Sunday, January 29, 2012

Three Oh

My birthday was not as scary as I'd imagined.

Not that I am "delighted" about having to answer "30" when people ask my age, but because of a little epiphany I had in the shower (obviously), I am actually looking forward to leaving my 20s in the dust!

Not uncommon, my early 20s were all about a) establishing a career and b) finding a hubby. I happened to totally luck out in both those areas and blissfully sailed through the mid 20s. Wheeeeeeeee.

The late 20s however, as we made a big move, added soon-to-be THREE more children to the batch and true motherhood hit (see previous post), have sufficiently rocked my little world. In a wonderful, very very demanding and challenging way. I just love when older women say things like "Honey, those were the hardest years of my life. Hang in there."  Phewsh! Thank you ma'am.
I truly enjoy the majority of moments with my three little daughters, my busy-bee husband, and challenging job but I also expect my 30s to offer a bit of a smoother course. Y' hear that?!? Smoooothie.. I expect to slowly gravitate back to my "self" through various methods.
So, to my 20s: as my baby making days come to a close I bid you good riddance. You have taught me many priceless lessons and I will look back on you with revulsion fondness.
And to my 30s: (maybe not the first couple) thank you for arriving. I look forward to you with hope and zeal!

This is what I'm telling myself anyway. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good birthday! I am glad to hear you point of view. This will make my birthday a little nicer too. Here's to the 30's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny gal!! I hear ya though. Those words could have come out of my mouth! Hang in there and I hope it's smoother sailing for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your posts and am glad you are feeling better. I too can relate! The only difference is I'm not pregnant with number four so I can't send my baby making years packing. Oh but it will be a glorious day when I can have my body back.

    ReplyDelete