Monday, October 27, 2008

What's for dinner tonight?

I've actually had some reasonable success with cooking lately and I feel I should share.

Chicken Tortilla Soup
*note: I added a can of black beans and a little cilantro and put it all in the Crockpot. Although it may taste like it needs salt, don't add too much because the chips and cheese make it plenty salty. I also used Tostitos chips with a Hint of Lime.


Easy Pizza Dough

*note: I prefer thin crust so I stretch this recipe into 2 cookie-sheet pizza crusts.
And don't forget to sprinkle with Italian Seasoning/garlic salt before adding toppings. I combined one jar of Walmart Pizza sauce, one can tomato sauce, italian seasoning, garlic salt. My favorite toppings were Canadian Bacon/Pineapple/mozzerella cheese.

Heather's Chicken-Rice Pitas:

1. Cook 1.5 cups rice (Minute Rice is fine) with 4 chicken bouillon cubes
2. Cool and add:
1.5 cups cooked and cut boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 package frozen peas
1 cup celery
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped (I only used maybe 1/2 cup)
Garlic salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Enough Mayo for the right consistency
3. Fill pitas and enjoy!

Also, my mom introduced me to this broom while she was here and I'm hooked - no more scooting across the kitchen 5 times while bent over just trying to get that last little bit of "gunk" of the floor.

1 comment:

  1. ash~ everyone looks so happy i hope all is well with yoU! i know you mom was just out to see you how fun! i am sorry i have been so bad about keeping up i will be better and i hope to hear from you soon too! hope all is going well and congrats and the baby girl to come how fuN!

    ReplyDelete