Thursday, December 17, 2009

A few of my favorite things:

I have so many. Here's a quick few of my favorite things lately:

I love Alicia Keys. Even though I've morphed into a complete noise-hater (seriously I can barely even stand the TV or radio being on), her music is so pleasant. She is a true musician and her smoky voice does my heart good. Her new album (Element of Freedeom) is good but my favorite album is still *As I Am*



My Great Grandma Rose was Swedish. Her daughter, my Grandma Wiscombe, has been in my thoughts alot lately. When I was younger Christmas Eve celebration at her house was like a religion. It was with sheer delight that I came across this Julbock (the Swedish Christmas goat who guards every Swedes Christmas tree) at IKEA (of course) for $10. Legend goes that he protect the gifts and ward off evil spirits from the house. Funny how things take on new meaning once you have a family of your own. Next Swedish purchase: a Dalahast.


These are a great invention for babies. You may think they're a little spendy (2.74/box). To that I say go to Walmart and buy some right now.
1. They are big enough to HOLD (think: driving in the van, handing back cheerios one at a time to a little munchkin working on their grasp reflex). We don't hear from Ellie for at least 5-6 minutes.
2.They dissolve and produce NO crumbs. I had to see it to believe
3. Healthy. C'mon they're rice rusks.


A winter skin MUST-HAVE.


What are yours?

3 comments:

  1. I have the funniest pictue of my twins eating those mum mums. They had them stuck to the sides of their faces because the broke in half. I loved those things because of the same reasons you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking a lot about our Swedish heritage lately too. Those Christmas Eves with the roaring fires and all the food, family and fun will long live in my memory as happy times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paisley loved the baby mum-mums for a while, but eventually they outgrew her taste buds. Bummer, but GREAT while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete