Saturday, March 7, 2009

Where to start? We were lucky enough to have my mom come for a week and a half and boy did she get put to work! In addition to kitchen, laundry, and bathroom duty (she had to catch up from some serious neglect), early-morning Hannah duty, baths/diapers/drinks/meals, she also helped...okay, single-handedly painted my kitchen, bathroom, and Hannah's room (FYI to anyone who ever has to remove the old kind of wallpaper, skip the DIF spray, the laundry softener, etc and go rent yourself an industrial-size wallpaper removal steamer and good luck). Whoa. The paint was SO needed and let's face it, would've never gotten done without her capable hands. Thanks Mom for the help, laughs, treats, and more laughs!


before


AFTER!! Shizam!





Master bath before


And after!




Miss Ellie Walbruch is doing superb. Sweet little angel has changed so much. She can hold that little head up with the best of 'em. Ellie LOVES to be held...constantly:)




Guess whose room got done and completely accessorized very first? Mmm hmm.





Mom's new toy!
YESSS! I'm in LOVE! I have been dreaming of a Dreamer Design double jogging stroller ever since I found out I was pregnant but just couldn't fork out the $450 for a new one. You just can't find used ones because people don't ever get rid of them. Well, Nannah comes to town and guess what pops up on craigslist within hours? This incredible stroller for an incredible price. Now, as for the trip to Fort Mill, SC and transaction of the stroller's purchase, well that's another story... let's just say Mom and I will be laughing about how the deal went down for many years to come. Thanks Jim. One of the many perks of living in NC is the oh-so-beautiful stroller weather! Got an infant insert on order for wee little Ellie and we're off!




These grapefruit provided hours of "organizational" task for Hannah while the painting was getting underway.





There's our update. Enjoying the journey!

12 comments:

  1. How absolutley awesome! Doesn't color just make a room "pop"? I love the colors you chose...and Hannah's room is so flippin' cute! Good job Karen. There's just nothing like a little of Mom's TLC, no matter how old you are. I love it all and your girls are so sweet! Cute house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I love the paint jobs! I can't wait for my own house to decorate. Just another 3 1/2 years, at least. I am impressed your mom was up for all of that. I hate painting. There is nothing like having your mom around for a little help. Your girls are still adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you have been a busy girl! The paint colors look great - how much fun it must have been to have your mom there. Mom's make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can Karin come visit me for a few weeks? We can't wait to see the changes. Congrats on the stroller and the growing girls! Hannah is getting so big with her ponytails and everything! She probably looks bigger because she has a big girl room now!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors!! Don't tell Brandon but I am rethinking my color scheme in my house. He would DIE if he knew that. Ellie is getting big. Weston topped the scales at 15 pounds this week. Your house looks perfect. Aren't moms the best?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a power mom you have! That is all so great, i love the green in the bathroom! Your girls are beautiful and Hannah's personality really shows in these pics...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Karen. I love the colors of your kitchen and bath. It looks like you made it ot IKEA finally!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the house! The colors are great and make the house look incredible! The girls are growing up so much! Hannah's little room is so cute and I love her little pigtail and cute smile and pictures! Yeah for Aunt Karin! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grandma Karin is a miracle worker. I hope that CJ does not see this blog. She has been waiting for just a little help in painting her basement and hallway. I just can't bring myself to do it. Hey Karin want to stop down this way? Free room and board in exchange for painting and decorating.....Looks totally awesome Ashley and Nate You are very blessed Love Auntie Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ash! I love what you did with your place. Way to go girl! So fun to see how you and your family are doing. Your little girl is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! It looks great. I'll bet it was wonderful to have your mom there for a few weeks. I can't believe how big Hannah is getting. Hope all is well. All my love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to know what color that red is... I LOVE IT!!!!
    I'm obsessed with RED!! It's the perfect color I've been looking for, please share your info with me.... pretty pretty please.

    ReplyDelete